The State Fair of Texas is by far one of my favorite destinations in Texas. Texans do things in a big way and our fair is no exception. From the bigger than life “Big Tex” who greets you in English and Spanish, with his tall cowboy hat, blue jeans and boots, to the rides, variety of exhibits, musical performances, livestock, parades, and deep fried food, there’s truly a little something for everyone.
Some fair highlights:
- If you’re into the culinary scene, you can meet some of the celebrity chefs. The State Fair even has featured recipes you can download.
- If you just want to stop and relax, head to the Beer Garden where you have hundreds of samples to choose from, or go to the Wine Garden which features live music.
- There is Family Fun throughout much of the fairgrounds with educational opportunities and parks for the kids to play.
- Thinking about purchasing a new vehicle? Chevrolet now lets you test drive sports cars and trucks on a track.
- FYI: If you love the thrill of the rides, go on Tuesday when the rides fares are discounted by half.
The State Fair has many good deals online for the savvy adventurist and is located at Fair Park in downtown Dallas. You can go to their website www.bigtex.com for more details. It begins the last Friday in September and lasts for three thrill seeking weeks. Be a kid again, even if it’s just for the day. Take the family or go with friends and enjoy the fun of the State Fair of Texas. You won’t regret it!